Friday, May 11, 2012


Went fishing at some local lagoons in hopes of catchin some better grade bass and halibut. Was anxious to try me new reebs spinnerbait after my friend roped a fat halibut on one a few days back. Sure enough not 5 seconds into reeling in my first cast and i had a fish on, and a toad at that!



length shot. Around 16-17" and probably 2 1/4 lbs. Left my measuring tape at home  so measured my rod and gripper later on to get an estimate






Couple more cast later and another nice fatty slammed the thrower. This one was probably around 14-15" and about 1 3/4lbs




moved to another location in the same body of water. Threw in the shade under the bridge and got slammed! Straight toad!




He was around the same length as the first fish but was thick! had to be pushing 2 3/4lbs. Here's a shot for perspective



Was pumped up after that! Over 6 pounds easy for 3 spotties! Refueled with a california burrito from Karinas and headed to the next local. It was a little bit slower here, but my friend jahdcon still managed a nice 26" halibut on the spinnerbait. Unfortunately, mr. hali wasn't too stoked for picture time and ended up flopping off the gripper and back into the drink  oh well, we'll let him grow up for another day. Great day overall and got me juiced up to hit Mission Bay tomorrow morning! stay tuneddd

NCTOADSLAYERZ

No comments:

Post a Comment